Are you all set for a battle on the toughest of terrains? Are you powered to unleash all your firepower? Are you ready for your first big game?
As a beginner to the game of paintball, what you need is the [easyazon_link identifier=”B001DELRQ8″ locale=”US” tag=”HPD”]Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Basic Series 3Skull Paintball Gun Marker MEGA Set[/easyazon_link] to get battle-ready without further ado.
This entry level, fully customizable marker is super easy to figure out and fire. Crafted with the new user in mind, it comes with a Split Receiver design which enables total ease of installation of every part.
Seconds is all it takes to open up, service and reassemble the Tippmann 98 Custom, which is packed with an assortment of some of the best features of a paintball marker.
This no-mess, no-hassle gun is a showcase of the best from the House of Tippmann. From looks to efficiency, from reach to accuracy, from smoothness to power, the Tippmann 98 has just about everything you’d ever want from a beginner’s marker.
You can’t possibly afford not to have it gripped firm in your hands as you move stealthily yet aggressively into the battle region. Apart from its brilliant functionality, this marker is fully safe and secure to use in any situation and under any conditions.
The simplicity of its operation is just one thing that shines in this super efficient paintball gun; there are actually hoards of things you’d want to talk about once you’ve got the hang of using it, which is going to happen pretty quickly.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B001DELRQ8″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.paintballgunsshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/51ZoVNmi7dL.jpg” tag=”HPD” width=”500″]
If you’re still wondering what’s so great about the Tippmann 98 Customer, take a look at these exceptional features.
- Designed for easy access to internal components; installation and modification are simplicity itself
- Easy to service and reassemble due to secure front sight spring and trigger pins
- The valve remains securely in place with self-sealing/locking gas line that comes with easy-to-remove power tube design
- Disassembly can be done without unscrewing the ASA bolts, as ASA has full depth pockets
- High on stability with innovative enhancements made to vertical front grip
- Secure feel due to improved texture
- Has 200-round hopper for uninterrupted firing and 20 oz CO2 tank with pin valve
- Equipped with 6+1 deluxe harness and six 140-round heavy duty clear tubes
- 1oz gold cup oil and 21″ jerk squeegee are part of the package
Like every Tippmann product, this paintball marker comes with a variety of pros to its credit.
- Mask with in-built visor and anti fog lens for improved visibility
- Sling mount end cap is designed to allow attachment of various sling styles
- No reflective glare as marker has a matte finish
- Air efficiency is high as a result of the new barrel porting
- Maintenance is a breeze in the improved design which has eliminated two bolts
- Doesn’t chop the balls due to its enhanced design features
- CO2 tank is large and is built for faster firing with every shot
There are, however, some negatives too, which you’d better take into account before shooting.
- Barrel is only 8.5” and usually needs to be replaced with a longer one
- The tank can’t be used with compressed air; separate one needs to be purchased
- Replacement parts/upgrades are expensive
- Mask lens is poor quality and scratches easily
- Pod belt tends to sag when fully loaded; also not a good fit for thin people
This .68 caliber paintball gun is built on the concept of innovative excellence and is an ideal semi-automatic for beginners. It’s dependable and durable, and is made to survive decades of use with proper maintenance, which should not be difficult given the ease of disassembling and cleaning it.
You can use it virtually under any conditions, as the Tippmann 98 can take all kinds of abuse – from water to dust, mud and even paint, without getting much affected.
It can also be easily upgraded, so you don’t need to hurry to get a new one with more advanced features once you’ve commanded the basic ones. The hopper may not be much to speak about, but does get off the marker quite easily, ensuring quick and simple disassembly.
It’s stable and efficient to operate, and does not need any professional training for use.
If you’re itching to start the game, the Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Basic Series is just the paintball gun you were looking for. What’s more, it comes with the choice of anti-chop technology (ACT) to minimize paint breakage.
So you can take your pick of the basic 3Skull Paintball Gun Marker MEGA set or go for the [easyazon_link identifier=”B001DEU750″ locale=”US” tag=”HPD”]Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Series .68 Caliber[/easyazon_link].
With most of the other key features remaining the same, it’s a difficult choice, no doubt, especially since both are etched in the Tippmann quality, but the basic series is good enough for any beginner.
You’re sure to get hooked to the game if you start off with a [easyazon_link identifier=”B001DELRQ8″ locale=”US” tag=”HPD”]Tippmann 98 Custom[/easyazon_link] paintball marker.
It’s quite a noiseless and lightweight little thing, and is reasonably accurate. Sturdy and solid, it’s designed to last more than a few beginner games.
It’s an excellent starter gun and an even better one for the next stage of the game. So you can start firing away without a chopped paintball to throw you off the game.